add foreign currency to portfolio

Wei Song

Oct 14, 2009, 1:03:45 PM10/14/09
to Google Finance
I came across the same problem as skijor. It's been 2 years since his
post. Will we ever get this function working?

From: skijor <ski...@gmail.com>
Date: Jul 29 2007, 5:37 am
Subject: track foreign currency?
To: Google Finance

How can I add foreign currency to my portfolio?

It doesn't seem possible. I tried CURRENCY:USD and CURRENCY:CHF as
this is the only way i know how to specify these symbols so they don't
collide with USD and CHF which are stock symbols.

the_roggy

Dec 28, 2011, 10:05:51 PM12/28/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
+1

Aditya Kumar

Jun 10, 2014, 5:55:49 AM6/10/14
to google-...@googlegroups.com, songwe...@gmail.com
Almost entirely absurd that this is STILL not possible...

Sylvain Lecoy

Sep 5, 2017, 7:46:18 AM9/5/17
to Google Finance, songwe...@gmail.com
I would LOVE to see that happening as well.

Chris Rennick

Sep 14, 2017, 10:51:38 PM9/14/17
to Google Finance
I am using, as an example,

=googlefinance(CONCATENATE("CURRENCY:",W86,$C$1))

where in my case $c$1 is my base currency and W86 happens to be the currency of the security of interest.

The hard coded equivalent would look like this

=googlefinance("CURRENCY:CADUSD")

so this gives the exchange rate of 1 CAD in USD or as of today $1 CAD = $0.8214 USD

This has been working since I started using googlefinance in google sheets in 2015.