"http://finance.google.com/finance/historical?q=" & Symbol . . ." Query no longer works. Why?

Arnold Amstutz

Mar 26, 2018, 12:24:19 AM3/26/18
to Google Finance
I have been using the following query for some time but as of Monday, 3/21/18, the Google server no longer accepts it. How has this access protocol been changed?

qurl = "http://finance.google.com/finance/historical?q=" & Symbol qurl = qurl & "&startdate=" & MonthName(Month(StartDate), True) & _ "+" & Day(StartDate) & "+" & Year(StartDate) & _ "&enddate=" & MonthName(Month(EndDate), True) & _ "+" & Day(EndDate) & "+" & Year(EndDate) & "&output=csv"

Any Answers/Suggestions Much Appreciated.

Thanks

Shawn Yates

Mar 26, 2018, 11:29:39 PM3/26/18
to Google Finance
I use similar queries in excel to get historical data for hundreds of stocks and MFs. This stopped working for me as well. In my research, it appears that Google has changed Google Finance and we have lost access to such data. I can't seem to find anything discussing a plan to give us this functionality back. I use Yahoo finance for some of mine, but they don't have all of them.