ESRI Image Service On Google Earth API

Tzlil

Feb 1, 2014, 5:20:28 PM2/1/14
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I've been started developing GoogleEarth API on web.
I'm using  GoogleEarth plugin 7.1.2 version.
It is probably a simple question but I'm having trouble with that.

I'm trying to integrate ESRI image service (version 10.1) to a web application based on google plugin and server enterprise, or at least find a proper solution.
I know that there is a way to publish ESRI service as KML but I want it to be a last resort cause the image service is outsource

Sorry if my English is not that good.
thank you in advance,
  Tzlil

Shea

Feb 3, 2014, 12:32:31 PM2/3/14
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
Tzlil,

I am a heavy ESRI user, and at this time I do not know of any way to accomplish what you are looking to do without converting to KML.  But then again, maybe someone else might have a solution. If you find one please let me know. Also Tzlil your English is great.

Also quick tip, you can publish / convert  Toolbox --> conversion tools, --> map to KML, which can drastically cut down on converting instead of using Layer to KML

Good luck.

Shea form California

Tzlil

Feb 3, 2014, 2:29:04 PM2/3/14
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
Shea,
Thank you for your reply,
My current solution is to consume map service in Google earth api as kml service. I will keep posting about updates.

Shea

Feb 3, 2014, 3:27:30 PM2/3/14
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
Tzlil,

That sounds like it may work. I would really like to see how it works when you get it done.  Good luck, and keep us posted.

-Shea from California.

Tzlil

Feb 10, 2014, 4:49:04 PM2/10/14
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
Well, the solution worked for ESRI map services, but I'm having trouble getting an image service to work on the google platform,
as it is or as kml.
thank you for replying,really appriciated.

Shea

Feb 11, 2014, 4:16:52 PM2/11/14
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
Can you send me a link to your site, or test site where you are having the problem? maybe I can view the code and identify the issue. you can post it or send it Sbrou...@ucla.edu

Tzlil

Feb 15, 2014, 7:02:36 AM2/15/14
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
My Image Service is in classified network so I cant give you a link,
I think I found the answer.
[Rest API](http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/arcgis-rest-api/index.html#//02r3000000w0000000)
bring up a wrapper for Image Service that provide KMZ file output.

Syntax example:
http://"imageservice-url"/kml/image.kmz

Shea

Feb 18, 2014, 11:14:01 AM2/18/14
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
Tzlil,

Good find, and good work.  Thanks for sharing, I can definitely use this. I am glad to hear you got it working on your end.I am looking forward to playing with this.