KML loading old GroundOverlays

Andy P

Oct 26, 2014, 5:57:40 AM10/26/14
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Im having a problem were i have updated Groundoverlay images and the links, but the plug in is either showing the old overlays or just greyed out, when viewed on my PC

I know the coding is ok as is i view it on my laptop everything is correct so is it a problem with the plug in cacheing old data or do i need to make use of the fetchkml code?

Andy P

Oct 30, 2014, 3:09:25 PM10/30/14
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
An update on the above problem,

All the coding seems to be correct but there appears to be a delay ranging from a few hours upto 24 hours before changes to the overlays are recognised. Once the .png is loaded to the host site it can be viewed instantly by typing in its URL, the kml file is updated with that URL but can take upto a day for it to appear on the google earth plug in.

Is this a server side issue?