GE plugin required for FlightRADAR24 3D view and won't install

Mike Troop

Feb 19, 2014, 9:53:11 PM2/19/14
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
I'm running Windows 7 64 bit using IE 11 and since the installation of IE11 I cannot use Flight RADAR 24 3D view without the GE plugin.  I cannot install the plugin after 5 attempts it will not load.  I sent in the requested log files to SAWBUCK site in an email and will await any results from them.  I don't expect to hear much and suspect the issue lies with IE11 update.  I'm going to try to revert back to an earlier version of IE and see haw that does.

Any help is appreciated greatly.

Karen Avdalyan

Feb 20, 2014, 4:01:42 AM2/20/14
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com

josh258

Feb 20, 2014, 11:49:02 AM2/20/14
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
This is a known issue.
  • Plugin fails to initialize on Internet Explorer 10 and 11. As a workaround, we suggest enabling Compatibility View.

Stuart Shook

Feb 28, 2014, 9:34:04 PM2/28/14
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com

I just fixed mine. If you're in IE7 open Flightradar24. Click tools above, near the address bar. Scroll down a little more than half way and look for "Compatibility View". Click it. Hopefully you will see, "Add this address". Click the add button and that's it!! It worked for after I did that. Hope this helps...