Google Earth with out downloading Plug-in

Sam Ellis

Nov 12, 2014, 9:59:20 AM11/12/14
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
We are using google earth on our web platform and it is highly dependent on using google earth but are becoming aware most people do not want to download the plug-in.  Is there a way we can host the plug-in on our server and it be available to users with out downloading plug-in? Or is there a plan to make google earth available without plug -in in the future? Has anyone else experienced this same problem with users?

Thanks a lot.

If you want to check out our application:

http://www.heliomap.com/helioapp

we use google earth to make solar energy estimations quick, easy, and accurate.

Holla,
Sam Ellis

GTrek

Nov 12, 2014, 6:09:50 PM11/12/14
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Sam,

The answer is yes and no, you can download an installable version of the Google Earth which includes the plug-in however you can't as far as I'm aware download the latest version. Goto http://earth.google.com and click “Download Google Earth”. Untick “Install Chrome” and click “advanced setup”, select “Previous Version” (7.0) and click “Agree and download” and select save.

Google Earth is essentially a desktop application hence the plug-in, Google Maps on the other hand is a web based application and does not require the plug-in.

Hope this helps

Regards

John

www.gtrek.co.uk