Internet Explorer 11

michael...@gmail.com

Dec 5, 2013, 6:56:10 AM12/5/13
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
I tried installing the plug-in for IE 11. But nothing seems to happen. When I come back to the Google Earth Plug-in page, I just see the same 'Download the Google Earth plug-in' button that was always there. My solution was to just download and use the desktop version.

bunmoh

Dec 6, 2013, 2:47:33 AM12/6/13
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

Since no-one who knows more than I do has replied, I will just confirm that the same thing happens to me.  Mahab posted on 26 November seeking help with a similar issue - also no reply.

I can only assume that the GE plugin does not support IE 11, at least not on a Windows 7 platform, anyway.  The GE plugin seems to regard it as an unsupported browser type.  It worked just fine with IE 10 for me too.

Despite my searching, I cannot find any 'official' word from Google on this issue.  Maybe it will be fixed in a subsequent release of GE, who knows?  Disabling Enhanced Protected Mode in IE 11 makes no difference - in any case, all Google sites are rendered in a 32 bit process for me even when using Enhanced Protected Mode.

Cheers!

josh258

Dec 6, 2013, 12:44:45 PM12/6/13
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
Google Earth plugin is working for my Windows 7/ ie11 machine when I change the compatibility mode. Unfortunately, for ie11 it looks like Microsoft got rid of the compatibility icon, so you have to go through settings for each site you use. The meta tag used for my site still seems to work for my Windows 7/ie11 environment.

bunmoh

Dec 11, 2013, 5:51:37 AM12/11/13
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, I already tried Compatibility View and it doesn't fix the problem for me.  I will just wait until Google and/or Microsoft come up with some solution, I guess.  I won't be holding my breath.

Jesse Weisz

Dec 24, 2013, 2:47:02 PM12/24/13
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
I have the same issue when I try to use IE 11 with the plug-in and tour builder. Works fine on Chrome for me. Hope a solution is found. If so, please post to this page so I can be notified.

Roger R

Feb 7, 2014, 10:13:29 AM2/7/14
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
I'm running Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit, and IE11.
I had the same problem, used the compatability mode and all is well.

Initially the graphics were less than desirable, once I click the aircraft switch it straightened out.

Ruhul Art

Mar 1, 2014, 7:44:06 AM3/1/14
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com