newly unable to share spreadsheet programmatically using gdata apis

Patricia N Goldweic

Sep 29, 2011, 4:59:41 PM9/29/11
to google-docum...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
My production app seems to be unable to programmatically share spreadsheets today. The app uses the gdata Java client apis to do this. The exceptions are of the type:

com.google.gdata.util.InvalidEntryException: Invalid request URI

at com.google.gdata.client.http.HttpGDataRequest.handleErrorResponse(HttpGDataRequest.java:594)
at com.google.gdata.client.http.GoogleGDataRequest.handleErrorResponse(GoogleGDataRequest.java:563)
at com.google.gdata.client.http.HttpGDataRequest.checkResponse(HttpGDataRequest.java:552)
at com.google.gdata.client.http.HttpGDataRequest.execute(HttpGDataRequest.java:530)
at com.google.gdata.client.http.GoogleGDataRequest.execute(GoogleGDataRequest.java:535)
at com.google.gdata.client.Service.insert(Service.java:1409)
at com.google.gdata.client.GoogleService.insert(GoogleService.java:599)
at com.google.gdata.client.media.MediaService.insert(MediaService.java:372)
at edu.northwestern.at.bboogle.gint.data.gservices.GintServiceObject.insertEntry(GintServiceObject.java:134)

When a new acl entry is trying to be inserted in the acl feed.

The acl feed url used is of the form: https://docs.google.com/feeds/default/private/full/spreadsheet%3A0Aglud2zNCgNwdGNDamhiNXNyRUJOT2tDOVZWRTViQWc#gid=0/acl

NOTE: the url above on production reads 'http' instead of 'https', but I've just tried switching it to 'https' and I get the same result.

In addition, my code then tries to see if it can *find* an already existing similar acl entry in the feed, but it is unable to retrieve this feed, getting an 'Unknown authorization header' as a response.

Has anything changed today on Google's end that would cause this code to break? Please advise. Thanks,
-Patricia