LDAP for Google Contacts ...

GCMartin2

Sep 16, 2009, 6:46:59 PM9/16/09
to Google Contacts API
I know this is NOT the place for this, but I need your help in
steering this to the right place.

LDAP is a standard for which it is a repository for useful
information. One of the MOST USEFUL information covered is useful in
Addressbook Contacts.

Google has one of the largest community of users in the world as it
"steers" them to use their services most of which center around
"Contacts" in the implementation.

So can anyone share where we ask or request Google to tell us how to
have it push, pull, share, or use LDAP and the international standard
that exist for addressbook contact information.

I find it terribly missing that Google is requiring ".CSV" to
synchronize contact information especially since the INTERNATIONAL
email standards body has agreed on ".VCF" as a means of creating and
exchanging contact information on an individual basis.

Who else other than myself see the problem here? If we could provide a
"community" function to achieve this for Google, how is this started
and where in Google should this be presented if Google would prefer a
community to assist?

Where should this be posted?

James Ferreira

Sep 16, 2009, 8:54:00 PM9/16/09
to google-co...@googlegroups.com

This is what you are looking for:
http://code.google.com/p/google-apps-for-your-domain-ldap-sync/

The contacts API is also very powerful. What are you looking to do?

Fernando Miguel

Feb 27, 2012, 7:13:00 AM2/27/12
to google-co...@googlegroups.com
In case ppl still dont know, it's now available
https://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=106368

Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA

May 1, 2012, 11:14:08 AM5/1/12
Le lundi 27 février 2012 09:13:00 UTC-3, Fernando Miguel a écrit :
> In case ppl still dont know, it's now available
> https://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=106368

No, it is not.  This is proprietary software, not available for all platforms.  What is requested is that our data is available thru standard, open protocols, in this case LDAP.

Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA

May 1, 2012, 11:16:49 AM5/1/12