Error loading repositories in Android Studio

Mayank Malik

Jun 29, 2020, 5:05:13 AM6/29/20
to Google Cloud Developers

I'm trying to use google cloud source repository to backup my Android Studio project. I have the cloud project and cloud repository created (via a web browser) but when I try to use Android Studio to Import into version control (VCS>Import into version control>Setup on Google Cloud Source Repositories), I keep getting an error message saying "Error Loading Repositories" under my cloud project. Any guidance why google cloud isn't happy?

Thanks in advance

Olu

Jun 30, 2020, 9:51:30 AM6/30/20
to Google Cloud Developers
I believe the same concern was raised on this Stackoverflow link[1] and a GCP Support Engineer responded explaining three possible causes of the error when trying to import to GSR:

1. A permissions issue.

2. A mix-up between the Project Name and the Project ID (use the Project ID only) on Android Studio's dialog box.

3. Not having set up the "default" repository on the GCP project.

I recommend you go through the details shared on the Stack link and follow the attached documentation.