Chrome frame won't install with IE8

已查看 730 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Huck

未读,
2010年8月28日 12:57:502010/8/28
收件人 Google-chrome-frame
I tried using Google Docs drawing with IE8. Got a message that
drawing deoesn't work with my browser. Then went to list of browsers
that work and saw IE8. However, it said I have to install Chrome
Frame. I tried that and got a message "Installation failed due to
unspecified error." Restarted my computer. tried again. same problem.

Anyone know what to do?

Alex Russell

未读,
2010年8月31日 18:15:592010/8/31
收件人 google-ch...@googlegroups.com
Are you an administrator on the system? Did it prompt you for elevated permissions when installing?

Huck Rorick

未读,
2010年8月31日 18:34:442010/8/31
收件人 google-ch...@googlegroups.com
Are you an administrator on the system? Did it prompt you for elevated permissions when installing?

Yes, I'm the administrator.  It didn't prompt for any elevated permissions.

Amit Joshi

未读,
2010年9月2日 15:08:252010/9/2
收件人 google-ch...@googlegroups.com
It's possible to collect an install log using MSI installer available to  download at http://www.google.com/chrome/eula.html?msi=true  After downloading this:

1) Uninstall Chrome Frame if it is there in 'Add Remove Programs'.
2) Re-install using the MSI, by running this command from a command prompt:  "msiexec.exe /i GoogleChromeframeStandaloneEnterprise.msi /l*v install.log" . The /l*v parameter will cause a detailed installer log to be generated. Please could you send me the generated install.log file
3) After installing, you should have a file called chrome_frame_installer.log in your temp directory (you can get to it by doing Start -> Run and then typing %TEMP% in the box that appears). Could you please send me that too?

--

Glenn Wilson

未读,
2010年9月2日 18:46:202010/9/2
收件人 google-ch...@googlegroups.com
(from the right address this time...)

I think the download URL you want is http://www.google.com/chromeframe/eula.html?msi=true  (the other one will download a Chrome MSI)

Huck

未读,
2010年9月2日 21:06:092010/9/2
收件人 Google-chrome-frame
This did not work.
I uninstalled ChromeFrame (it was there)
I went to Start>Run and typed "msiexec.exe /i
GoogleChromeframeStandaloneEnterprise.msi /l*v install.log"
Cut and pasted from your email.
First it seemed like msiexec.exe could not find
GoogleChromeframeStandaloneEnterprise.msi. So I put in the location
where it was downloaded to as follows:
“msiexec.exe /i C:\My Documents\My Download Files
\GoogleChromeframeStandaloneEnterprise.msi /l*v install.log”

Then I got the attached message (Sorry, the message is not attached
because I can't see how to attach a file easily (a complaint about
Google Grounps). The message was about windows installer and seemed
to explain install options). I clicked “OK”. Nothing happened.
ChromeFrame was not installed.

What do I do?

Huck

On Sep 2, 3:46 pm, Glenn Wilson <gwil...@chromium.org> wrote:
> (from the right address this time...)
>
> I think the download URL you want ishttp://www.google.com/chromeframe/eula.html?msi=true
>  (the other one will download a Chrome MSI)
>

> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Amit Joshi <a...@chromium.org> wrote:
> > It's possible to collect an install log using MSI installer available to
> >  download athttp://www.google.com/chrome/eula.html?msi=true After
> > downloading this:
>
> > 1) Uninstall Chrome Frame if it is there in 'Add Remove Programs'.
> > 2) Re-install using the MSI, by running this command from a command prompt:
> >  "msiexec.exe /i GoogleChromeframeStandaloneEnterprise.msi /l*v install.
> > log" . The /l*v parameter will cause a detailed installer log to be
> > generated. Please could you send me the generated *install.log* file
> > 3) After installing, you should have a file called *
> > chrome_frame_installer.log *in your temp directory (you can get to it by
> > doing Start -> Run and then typing %TEMP% in the box that appears). Could
> > you please send me that too?
>
> > On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Huck Rorick <huckror...@groundwork.org>wrote:
>
> >>  Are you an administrator on the system? Did it prompt you for elevated
> >> permissions when installing?
>
> >> Yes, I'm the administrator.  It didn't prompt for any elevated
> >> permissions.

> >>  --
>
> >  --

Amit Joshi

未读,
2010年9月2日 21:11:412010/9/2
收件人 google-ch...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for trying out the MSI installer. Instead of attaching the log, can you just past the contents in the body?

Huck

未读,
2010年9月2日 21:21:382010/9/2
收件人 Google-chrome-frame
I'm not sure what you mean "pass the contents in the body".
I can run the installer directly without going to Start>Run.
I did that before but things still didn't work.
Can you explain a little more what I need to do?

thanks,

Huck

Amit Joshi

未读,
2010年9月7日 14:52:302010/9/7
On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 6:21 PM, Huck <huckr...@groundwork.org> wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean "pass the contents in the body".
I can run the installer directly without going to Start>Run.
I did that before but things still didn't work.
Can you explain a little more what I need to do?
Sorry about not being clear. I mean copy the install.log file to the clipboard and insert the text into the body of the email. It will be a long email,  but at least we can get to it. :)

Greg Thompson

未读,
2010年9月3日 00:33:142010/9/3
收件人 google-ch...@googlegroups.com
Hi Huck,

I think the spaces in the path to the .msi are tripping things up (that could explain why msiexec showed you its command-line options rather than trying to install the .msi).  Could you try the following in the Start>Run dialog (note the quotes around the full path to the .msi)?

msiexec.exe /l*v C:\install.txt /i "C:\My Documents\My Download Files\GoogleChromeframeStandaloneEnterprise.msi"

That should leave an "install.txt" file at the top of your C: drive.  If it does, please either 1) attach that to a message to the group, or 2) open it in Notepad and then copy-n-paste its entire contents into a message to the group (i.e., select all in Notepad, File>Edit>Copy in Notepad, then Paste into a message).

Cheers,

Greg

回复全部
回复作者