"Installer encountered error 1"

DocBledsoe

Sep 23, 2009, 10:35:08 AM9/23/09
to Google-chrome-frame
When installing the frame plugin on Windows 7, with Chrome 4.0.211.7,
I receive a window after installation that says 'the installer
encountered error1'.

Robert Shield

Sep 23, 2009, 12:31:05 PM9/23/09
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com
Error 1 is what occurs when you run the installer twice (this will be fixed soon). The product should in fact be successfully installed at that point. You can check in Control Panel -> "Programs and Features" for a Google Chrome Frame entry to verify the installation was completed.

Tommi

Sep 23, 2009, 12:34:33 PM9/23/09
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Error 1 currently comes up if you have previously installed Chrome Frame and are installing again.
Could that be the case?  If so, installation was successful and you can ignore the error.

Tommi

kenc3dan

Sep 23, 2009, 11:53:25 AM9/23/09
to Google-chrome-frame
Same here, error 1 when using IE6 on Win XP SP2.
Also in IE7 on another machine on Win XP SP2.
Can't wait to try it out.

kenc3dan

Sep 23, 2009, 1:28:49 PM9/23/09
to Google-chrome-frame
I'm sure I didn't have it installed when I first got the error.
Subsequent attempts to install also put up an 'error 1' but it does
now show up in my programs in the control panel.
Maybe it installed anyway? I'll try a test to see if it's working.
Thanks!

On Sep 23, 12:34 pm, Tommi <to...@chromium.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> Error 1 currently comes up if you have previously installed Chrome Frame and
> are installing again.
> Could that be the case?  If so, installation was successful and you can
> ignore the error.
>
> Tommi

kenc3dan

Sep 23, 2009, 6:39:58 PM9/23/09
to Google-chrome-frame
Looks like it works despite any errors I saw during installation.
Works with basic canvas stuff anyway.