Looking for extension or plugin or addin which can save Network response information from Chrome browser to a Text file in a local drive without any manual intervention

Kiran Kumar Pittampally

Mar 5, 2015, 3:09:11 AM3/5/15
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

When we browse through a website on Chrome browser, we could see website's Network response gets registered in Chrome's Developer tools> Network Panel.

Please refer to attached screenshot.

My requirement is to write that network response information to a text file (located in my local drive) from  that Google Chrome browser>Dev tools> Network Panel "without any manual intervention".

Do we have any extension or plugin or addon to save network response to text file "without any manual intervention"?

Regards,
Kiran Pittampally
ChromeNetworkRespone.jpg

Sandip Chitale

Mar 7, 2015, 2:35:21 PM3/7/15
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Checkout :

And specifically the code at:

Of course my approach is based on user initiated action to export the data, but you will get the idea from the code how you could do it automatically.

HTH,
Sandip

Richard Collins

Dec 27, 2015, 4:09:19 PM12/27/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
This is my first post in this group.  I am working to filter and save specific network responses to a file.  I just started using DevTools.  I can see the results of getContent, but I have a few issues
  • When my OnGetContent function is called, how do I know which url it is associated with?  It is just content that is passed to this function.  When I log the onRequestFinished url and save it to a global variable, the content and the url do not match up.  Sometimes I get two OnGetContent function calls in sequence
    • OnRequestFinished A  ---> window.Url=A
    • OnRequestFinished B  ---> window.Url=B
    • OnGetContent A  ---> window.Url is B
    • OnGetContent B ---> window.Url is B
  • How do I save the results to a file from devtools environment?
    • Can I use FileSystemObject in a devtools script?
    • Is there a standard saveToFile function available in devtools environment?  When I am debugging I really need a way to write things out to go over later.  And I need a whole series of response files to check if they are all working properly.
    • Can I just get the information from an existing cache on my disk? If so, how would I know the name of the cache file, and how do I get it before it is erased?
    • Any suggestions for specific javascript code to use in the devtools environment?
      • I visited your page and your code.  But it was too hard to read.  You are doing many other things there, and you have a complex programming and naming convention style.
      • Can you take a few minutes and point to where you actually save the response to a file?  I tried finding your scripts that you included for that sample.  But they are hard to browse and find anything.  Since I don't know what to search for, I cannot search.  A manual search is too long.
      • Please point me in the right direction.
  • I tried onGetHAR, but the function never gets called.  I am quite aware of when it should get called.  Is it not available without certain permissions or settings?  Any suggestions greatly appreciated.  I would much rather use onGetHar than onRequestFinished (I think).
    • chrome.devtools.network.getHAR(OnGetHar);
    • function OnGetHar(X) { console.log(X); }
  • Thank you for any suggestions.