Chrome DevTools editing experience

Noj Vek

Mar 30, 2016, 2:02:39 AM3/30/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Hi Folks,

First post here.

I've found that the devtools are great for the debugging experience but their editing capabilities lack a bit. The Workspaces is an awesome feature but underused.

I'd like to hack around and use the VSCode (Monaco) as the editing experience when in workspace mode. Supports intellisense which I would argue is the single most useful feature of any editor.

How much access to the filesystem does the workspace give. Is there a way to read the .git folders so devtools can show what changes have been made?

This is very useful since the styles pane can modify the .less files directly and there is little visibility on what the before/after state is.

It would be pure joy when the build->debug->edit loop is very tightly knit letting the developer be in a state of flow.

Regards.

Pavel Feldman

Mar 30, 2016, 1:59:32 PM3/30/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Workspaces has FileSystem API access to the filesystem. So it can read and write files.

Pavel