Local Overrides functionality reverted?

Måns Nilsson

Jan 10, 2018, 7:24:02 AM1/10/18
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Hi!

Has Local Overrides been reverted? It was initially on the "What's New in DevTools (Chrome 64) (link to an archived version on wayback machine)" article, but has been removed.

I do see a checkbox for "Enable Local Overrides" in Chrome 65 (currently Chrome Canary), but it doesn't seem to do anything.

It seemed so awesome, I'd love to use it. Will we see it in a future version?

Kayce Basques

Jan 11, 2018, 3:04:12 PM1/11/18
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
You have sharp eyes. I think we had Local Overrides in "What's New In DevTools (Chrome 64)" for literally one day :)

The team found some bugs so they reverted it. But it's on their roadmap to ship it.

Kayce Basques

Jan 11, 2018, 3:05:50 PM1/11/18
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I think you can re-enable it via the "Override requests with workspace project" in Settings > Experiments

And please do file bugs and provide feedback!

Christopher Heald

Jan 29, 2018, 1:39:15 PM1/29/18
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
The 'Local overrides' announcement is back in Chrome 64 update highlights:

But following the link leads to a page and video that doesn't mention this at all. This is (or would be) a super-useful feature!

Kayce Basques

Jan 29, 2018, 5:07:42 PM1/29/18
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
That's a mistake. We pulled the feature right before Chrome 64 branch point to sort out some rough edges, but apparently the update to the "What's New" UI didn't ship in time.

Local Overrides is coming to Chrome 65:

Sorry for the confusion!

Kayce Basques

Jan 29, 2018, 5:14:47 PM1/29/18
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
FYI I'm updating the "What's New in 64" doc to mention what happened

Christopher Heald

Jan 31, 2018, 12:36:52 AM1/31/18
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Thanks for the update. Very much looking forward to Chrome 65.

Kayce Basques

Jan 31, 2018, 1:23:40 PM1/31/18
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
If you're on Mac or Windows you can download Chrome Canary to start using it now: https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/canary.html