Newbie: HTML options popup exists but isn't shown in browser anymore - ?

Bob Aalsma

Apr 8, 2017, 4:33:19 AM4/8/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I'm working on a Chrome browser page extension which worked properly until today.

For some reason I can't seem to reload the unpacked extension: it does reload without complaints, but when I try to use the options page only the extension name is shown as a caption - the HTML of the popup itself is not shown.

When the options popup is shown and I click on View Page Source (which doesn't always show -???), an empty tab opens (with a '1' in the margin).

When the options popup is shown and I click on Inspect, the expected HTML is shown, the options.html and .js are shown in Sources.
I've copied the HTML from that window and pasted it to the W3C Markup Validation and this says "no errors or warnings to show".

From googling, I'm under the impression nobody else seems to have this issue.

What's going wrong here?
And how can I see this?

Regards,
Bob

PhistucK

Apr 8, 2017, 4:34:39 AM4/8/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Note that this group discusses the Developer Tools feature of Google Chrome and not general web/extension development issues.

You can search crbug.com for an existing issue and star it. If you cannot find one, file a new issue using the "New issue" link on the same page.
Please, do not add a "+1" or "Me too" or "Confirmed" (or similar) comment. It just wastes the time of Chrome engineers and sends unnecessary e-mails to all of the people who starred the issue.

You can reply with a link to the found or created issue and might get triaged (and fixed) faster.

Thank you.

PhistucK