"Failed to load resource" - more information wanted

瀏覽次數:2,277 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

helm...@gmail.com

未讀,
2013年3月15日 凌晨4:55:562013/3/15
收件者:google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Group!

Whenever I get a 404, the console reports "Failed to load resource: the
server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) [url]" which is ..
lacking information.

I want to know what requested the resource (image/script/..) so I know
where to look: through the HTML or js, or perhaps some auto-generated
.sass-files? Would that be feasible to implement?

The current implementation is useless for me since the network tab already
marks the faulty request red.

Cheers,
Carl

Vsevolod Vlasov

未讀,
2013年3月15日 清晨5:24:322013/3/15
收件者:helm...@gmail.com、Google Chrome Developer Tools
A typical not found message looks like this:
A last link here should show you a script that triggered this request (e.g. XMLHttpRequest.send() method call).
The first link here should show you this request on the network panel where initiator panel will (sometimes) show you where this request was initiated.
It does not support all possible initiator types, but it usually works for resources loaded while parsing HTML document ("Parser" type).
It works for scripts as well.

Benjamin Smith

未讀,
2016年7月28日 凌晨2:24:332016/7/28
收件者:Google Chrome Developer Tools、helm...@gmail.com
When the message looks like that it is obviously trivial to solve the OPs problem. When the message looks like this:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://domain.com/faultyurl.jpg

There is no clear direction to where to look for the problematic reference to the missing resource. What part of the code is calling this resource with a faulty URL? Where do I look to find the problematic code? In other words, why is this 404 different (and less helpful) from the one you're referring to? And can that be changed (or worked around)?

--Ben

PhistucK

未讀,
2016年7月28日 凌晨2:28:392016/7/28
收件者:Google Chrome Developer Tools、helm...@gmail.com
Without the Developer Tools feature open, you only see the URL that responded with an Error 404 instead of the calling code. I guess this is because no one is instrumenting the errors if you are not debugging, probably in order to prevent the performance overhead that it entails.
If you open the Developer Tools and refresh (assuming that reproduces your Error 404), you should see the calling code.

PhistucK

回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄