Are these tools validated?

John Holste

Aug 25, 2016, 12:30:46 PM8/25/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I work in the medical space and we are looking for information about Chrome  Developer Tools and if they are tested/validated? If so is it possible to get access to the documentation?

PhistucK

Aug 25, 2016, 12:36:59 PM8/25/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
What exactly do you want to know?

The Developer Tools feature has an extensive test suite that it must pass in order for Chrome (Chromium) to be declared as having generated a successful build.

The documentation is here -

If you meant something else, please, elaborate.

PhistucK

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 6:54 PM, John Holste <idid...@gmail.com> wrote:
I work in the medical space and we are looking for information about Chrome  Developer Tools and if they are tested/validated? If so is it possible to get access to the documentation?

John Holste

Aug 25, 2016, 12:47:02 PM8/25/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I am looking for a report that the current version(build) of the tools has passed its test suite and additionally a bug list of open bugs for the current version.  We want to use these tools to do some mobile testing and we need to understand what is the risk of us missing a bug or exposing a bug that is not real on our system.

PhistucK

Aug 25, 2016, 1:02:16 PM8/25/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
The list of tests (for Blink, not only the Developer Tools) that are not passing can be found here -

Known or reported issues can be found here -
That list also include feature requests, though.

Perhaps you can take comfort in the fact that it is being field tested by millions of web developers hourly. :)

PhistucK