Connecting to localhost website is very slow

kstubs

Apr 18, 2014, 12:10:12 PM4/18/14
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
This seems to be a known issue for Google Chrome browser.  I develop several websites locally and then test, debug, style (etc.) them and use Google Chrome browser to do this.  When I hit my local sites, about 50% or more of the time, the time time to connect to the site is very slow ranging in connection latency of 5 to 30 seconds.

For example, here is a couple of local sites:

These sites are setup in my hosts file like:

127.0.0.1   local.mysite.com

These hosts are mapped to a website in IIS 7.5 server running on Windows 8.1.  I've read that the problem is too many entries in the hosts file, which I have tested and still not working.  Currently I have exactly one hosts entry enabled, everything else is commented out.

So, is this a Google Chrome browser issue or something else?

Karl..