"Empty cache and hard reload" shortcut

Niccolò M.

Jun 13, 2017, 1:38:58 AM6/13/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Hi, a very straightforward suggestion. Can you please introduce a hotkey combination for the "Empty cache and hard reload" option?
I've become a fast finger at aiming up there to the UI button, but it still bothers me I can't use the keyboard instead.

Thank you.

PhistucK

Jun 13, 2017, 1:40:22 AM6/13/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Sounds good.
You can search crbug.com for an existing issue for this feature request and star it. If you cannot find one, you can use the "New issue" link at crbug.com to file a new one.
(If you do find one, do not add comments like "+1" or "me, too", it only hinders the development and it does not make the engineers implement the feature more quickly.)

PhistucK

Kayce Basques

Jun 19, 2017, 4:33:51 PM6/19/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
What keyboard combo would you expect for this?

Alternatively, maybe DevTools could just expose a setting to do a "empty cache and hard reload" whenever you do the typical reload shortcut while DevTools is open...

Caim Astraea

Nov 16, 2017, 7:35:58 AM11/16/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Oh very good idea was thinking about this also :) Maybe a shift + cmd + e (empty) since shift + cmd + r(reload)  is used for hard reload?

David Wakelin

Nov 16, 2017, 8:19:20 AM11/16/17
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
On Windows and Linux, a 'Hard reload' is Ctrl+F5 so an 'Empty cache and hard reload' could be Shift+F5 or Ctrl+Shift+F5 for those platforms.

Kayce Basques

Nov 16, 2017, 5:08:45 PM11/16/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I filed a request here: https://crbug.com/786143

Star the request in order to bring more attention to it.

Leigh Warren

Mar 2, 2018, 3:29:12 AM3/2/18
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
It's been closed, it's annoying though.

Robert Yang

Sep 18, 2018, 2:58:26 PM9/18/18
to Chrome DevTools
I know it's not ideal, but this Chrome extension does the job.

Just assign a shortcut pattern to the extension to it.

I had 200MB+ of images and files in Cached images and files under Clear browsing data category in Settings. After running the extension, it went to 9.8MB after the page I was on finished reloading.

Just remember to select Automatically reload active tab after clearing data and check the box for Cache under Data to Remove.

Unfortunately, I think you'll have to rely on extensions to fill in the gaps. Like, I needed to get separate extensions to support shortcuts for duplicating tabs with full history or rearranging tabs.

Laith Hisham

Feb 9, 2019, 11:38:57 AM2/9/19
to Chrome DevTools