How to access chrome extensions API from Python/Java?

Siva Kesava

Jan 10, 2017, 10:28:36 AM1/10/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Hi all,
       I am trying to access some methods in chrome extension API from python but could not find a way to do it. Can anyone point me to some example codes where such thing was done?

Thanks
Siva Kesava

PhistucK

Jan 10, 2017, 11:35:05 AM1/10/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
1. I do not think you can directly access them using any non JavaScript language.
2. You can simulate it by using native messaging and sending messages from Java/Python/whatever to JavaScript and JavaScript will call the functions with the parameters provided in the message.
3. I am not sure how it is related to the Developer Tools feature (which this group discusses).

PhistucK