Font size in inspector is wrong

Jacek Kolodziejczyk

Dec 27, 2016, 11:52:06 AM12/27/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools

This can be observed on MDL site when you set focus on sample3 input, the label font decreases visually:

enter image description here

Chrome dev tools reports font-size 15.9213px for the label, but when you expand the node the top css entry suggests the font-size 12px:

enter image description here

What is the explanation for the difference between 15.9213 and 12px? Is it a chrome bug? How to find out what are the actual font properties in that case?

PhistucK

Dec 27, 2016, 11:56:56 AM12/27/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I can reproduce. Looks like a synchronization bug. If you type some text, it updates to the right value.
It looks like it updates in the middle (closer to the beginning) of the animation and does not update again.

It is a bug, but I would guess this is sort of by design, or else the renderer will have to update style changes constantly which can slow down the Developer Tools feature (or make it completely unresponsive) when there are a lot of changes. It perhaps registers listeners for certain events at the moment and not for everything and counts on those events...
But I might be completely wrong and this might just be a bug that needs to be fixed. :)

You can search crbug.com for an existing issue and star it. If you cannot find one, file a new issue using the "New issue" link on the same page.
Please, do not add a "+1" or "Me too" or "Confirmed" (or similar) comment. It just wastes the time of Chrome engineers and sends unnecessary e-mails to all of the people who starred the issue.

You can reply with a link to the found or created issue and might get triaged (and fixed) faster.

Thank you.

PhistucK

LR S

Aug 10, 2017, 5:52:09 AM8/10/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I've got the same problem when I change the font-size property of the root html element (for responsive page with rem as unit), it rises to 27px or bigger when I set it to some value bigger than 9px.
So have found out why it happens ? And any solutions to this?

在 2016年12月28日星期三 UTC+8上午12:52:06,Jacek Kolodziejczyk写道: