sometimes javascript search never completes

12 visualizzazioni
Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

Spongman

da leggere,
21 apr 2017, 15:30:1521/04/17
a Google Chrome Developer Tools
i'm not sure how to repro this, but sometimes devtools gets into a state where search never finishes. it's not that it just takes a long time -- after restarting the browser usually the same search takes a second or less. the progress bar gets to about half way and then just stops. it's still in searching mode, the 'stop' button next to the progress bar doesn't work, and it's impossible to start another search. i can't be sure, but it seems like it happens more when stopped at a breakpoint, especially during onreadystatechange. closing and reopening devtools sometimes fixes it, sometimes causes the browser to hang.

PhistucK

da leggere,
21 apr 2017, 19:03:0121/04/17
a Google Chrome Developer Tools
You can search crbug.com for an existing issue and star it. If you cannot find one, file a new issue using the "New issue" link on the same page.
Please, do not add a "+1" or "Me too" or "Confirmed" (or similar) comment. It just wastes the time of Chrome engineers and sends unnecessary e-mails to all of the people who starred the issue.

You can reply with a link to the found or created issue and might get triaged (and fixed) faster.

Thank you.

PhistucK

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 10:30 PM, Spongman <pie...@gmail.com> wrote:
i'm not sure how to repro this, but sometimes devtools gets into a state where search never finishes. it's not that it just takes a long time -- after restarting the browser usually the same search takes a second or less. the progress bar gets to about half way and then just stops. it's still in searching mode, the 'stop' button next to the progress bar doesn't work, and it's impossible to start another search. i can't be sure, but it seems like it happens more when stopped at a breakpoint, especially during onreadystatechange. closing and reopening devtools sometimes fixes it, sometimes causes the browser to hang.

RaphaelDDL

da leggere,
22 apr 2017, 13:15:3422/04/17
a Google Chrome Developer Tools
That actually happens quite often with me, at least twice a day.
I thought it had to do with big files that we use (bundled with r.js) but I'll try to notice if is actually because of breakpoints.

Let me know if you do file a bug (or if you find one existing already), I'm interested in following.
Rispondi a tutti
Rispondi all'autore
Inoltra
0 nuovi messaggi