inspector show child

lew...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2014, 5:25:23 AM4/22/14
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
How can I enable in inspector to show child elements when creating new rule. i had before but its not working anymore. where i can enable this feature?
example: same div
want like this:#about > div > div:nth-child(2)
have like this div.row

Andrey Lushnikov

Apr 22, 2014, 7:09:45 AM4/22/14
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Indeed, we had this behavior for some time, but it proved to be poorly scalable (e.g. it created way too bloated selectors on a webpages with complex layout) and thus it was removed.

lew...@gmail.com

Andrey Lushnikov

Apr 22, 2014, 7:16:48 AM4/22/14
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Yep, correct. No option to toggle this behavior.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-chrome-developer-tools/1b98b962-1e3b-4466-8ee0-c30178c2c5fa%40googlegroups.com.

Alexander Pavlov

Apr 22, 2014, 7:24:54 AM4/22/14
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
There is a workaround, though.

You can right-click the node for which you want to create a new rule, choose the "Copy CSS Path" menu item, and then use the text from your clipboard as the selector value.

-alexander

lew...@gmail.com