Detached DOM trees in single page application using KnockoutJs and RequireJs

Matthew Wridgway

Dec 7, 2015, 6:23:28 AM12/7/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools

I'm working on a fair sized single page app that is build using knockout and require, and while profiling the app's memory utilisation using Chrome Developer Tools, I noticed a large amount of detached DOM trees. I simplified the application to just the knockout and require related code to try to isolate the problem but even with the simplest example of the initialization I still get detached DOM trees. (see pic) Is this normal/acceptable when using these frameworks to create components for each page or bits of re-usable UI?  Am I perhaps using the tools wrong?  I made a git repo with the code here that results in the heap profile below, here: https://github.com/mwridgway/SPA, also asked this question on stackoverflow.