Evaluate in Console menu item -- can the menu be re-ordered?

Laser Ranger

Jan 19, 2017, 5:50:42 PM1/19/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
In the Sources tab, right-click, and one of the items is Evaluate in Console.  This item moves around on the menu depending on what's selected.  It also seems that it's been moved in different versions of Chrome.

Is there a way to re-order this menu?  Evaluate in Console is pretty much the ONLY thing I use on this menu.  The extra moment it takes to locate this item is inconvenient.  It would be nice if it was at the top of the menu, or it there could be a button added somewhere.

PhistucK

Jan 19, 2017, 5:54:18 PM1/19/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I agree that I use it the most and I keep searching for it, just annoying.

Generally, for feature requests, you can search crbug.com for an existing issue for this feature request and star it. If you cannot find one, you can use the "New issue" link at crbug.com to file a new one.
(If you do find one, do not add comments like "+1" or "me, too", it only hinders the development and it does not make the engineers implement the feature more quickly.)

PhistucK

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 7:51 PM, Laser Ranger <autod...@gmail.com> wrote:
In the Sources tab, right-click, and one of the items is Evaluate in Console.  This item moves around on the menu depending on what's selected.  It also seems that it's been moved in different versions of Chrome.

Is there a way to re-order this menu?  Evaluate in Console is pretty much the ONLY thing I use on this menu.  The extra moment it takes to locate this item is inconvenient.  It would be nice if it was at the top of the menu, or it there could be a button added somewhere.

Erik Luo

Jan 19, 2017, 6:10:47 PM1/19/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
There's no setting to reorder context menu options, but we can consider reordering them if there's reason to move it.  Please file a bug!

You might also be interested in starring this issue: crbug.com/682297.  When it is fixed, the Cmd-Shift-E shortcut will allow evaluate in console without having to right click at all.