Conditional breakpoints are never hit

Mark Macdonald

Jun 19, 2014, 4:35:18 PM6/19/14
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
I've been having a problem for several weeks where the Chrome debugger never stops at conditional breakpoints, even with trivial conditions like true or 1. The debugger statement works, and non-conditional breakpoints work, but as soon as a condition is set, the breakpoint get skipped.

In sequential code, I can set a breakpoint with condition true on line N, and a breakpoint with no condition on line N+1. Execution skips past line N and stops at N+1.

I have tried various debugging steps, to no avail:
  • Incognito Mode
  • Switching channels between Beta (37.0.2017.2 beta-m) and Canary (37.0.2058.2)
  • Debugging different websites (eg. localhost, twitter.com, etc)
  • Creating a new profile by renaming %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default
  • Disabling the computer's firewall (Symantec Endpoint Protection)
Has anyone ever observed something like this? I can't figure it out. The problem only occurs on 1 of my computers, but (of course) it's the development machine I need to use for work.

Thanks
Mark

Vsevolod Vlasov

Jun 20, 2014, 3:56:28 AM6/20/14