Timeline memory profiling not displaying in real time anymore?

luzar...@gmail.com

Dec 27, 2014, 4:19:50 PM12/27/14
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
I'd swear that timeline used to display memory heap allocation in real time (when recording was on), but as of some version (not sure, haven't been exactly paying attention - let's say 32-36 and up) you have to stop it first before the data is displayed. This is pretty much useless for quick and dirty debugging, and seeing what your memory allocation looks like in real time.

Am I doing something wrong or did DevTools drop this awesome feature for good?

toxi...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2015, 11:11:52 PM1/11/15
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com, luzar...@gmail.com
Same here, It was mega helpful seeing the memory fluctuate in real time, has this been removed completely?

Yury Semikhatsky

Jan 12, 2015, 11:29:28 AM1/12/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools, luzar...@gmail.com
Hi,

This behavior has changed due to switching Timeline panel to tracing backend(see crbug.com/361045). The main reason for not showing that information in real time is avoiding performance impact on the application being instrumented. I filed a new bug crbug.com/448053 on bringing live updates of the memory counters back. Feel free to star it.

Thanks,
Yury

luzar...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2015, 5:08:14 AM1/15/15
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com, luzar...@gmail.com
Good to know. Thanks for filing the issue, starred.

toxi...@gmail.com

garris

Mar 13, 2015, 8:36:03 PM3/13/15
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com, luzar...@gmail.com
Me too,  that was a great feature.  I am missing the frame rate graph in a big way.