Save As always does a Save first - I'd much rather it didn't

RDoc

Jun 12, 2014, 7:32:36 PM6/12/14
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Version 37.0.2046.0 canary (64-bit) Windows 7 64

When I edit a local .js file my workspace in the Sources window and do a Save As, before it does the Save As (even if I cancel the operation) it saves the changes back to the original file. That is not very user friendly behavior IMHO.

I would much prefer if it only saved to the new file name, leaving the old file unchanged.

PhistucK

Jun 13, 2014, 4:11:08 AM6/13/14
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Looks like a bug. Can you file one (if there is not existing one already. Please, search first) at crbug.com and post a link to it here?

PhistucK

RDoc

Jun 13, 2014, 12:36:51 PM6/13/14
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Done: https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=384363

BTW, the search function in crbug.com seems a bit limited. There doesn't seem to be a way to search for an exact phrase, nor a way to confine searches to just developer tools. This makes it pretty difficult to actually find duplicates.

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 2:32 AM, RDoc <ra...@nca-corp.com> wrote:
Version 37.0.2046.0 canary (64-bit) Windows 7 64

When I edit a local .js file my workspace in the Sources window and do a Save As, before it does the Save As (even if I cancel the operation) it saves the changes back to the original file. That is not very user friendly behavior IMHO.

I would much prefer if it only saved to the new file name, leaving the old file unchanged.

PhistucK

Jun 13, 2014, 12:45:38 PM6/13/14
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Does -
label:Cr-Blink-DevTools "getting crashed"
not work for you?

PhistucK

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-chrome-developer-tools/f4dbebc6-6a59-49fe-b9da-4d9671db6456%40googlegroups.com.

RDoc

Jun 13, 2014, 1:37:22 PM6/13/14
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Ah, so the name under the Cr column is the label field? I didn't realize that. I thought the column Summary+Labels column had something to do with the labels.

I tried summary: label:Cr-Platform-DevTools summary:"save as" and got lots of issues whose summary had the word save in them, not the exact phrase "save as".

PhistucK

Jun 13, 2014, 2:08:12 PM6/13/14
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Oops, I meant label:Cr-Platform-DevTools - and yes, that search engine is not perfect. It apparently works for a free text but not for specific fields, I guess.

PhistucK