showing the source code without cropping?

tim.s...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2016, 2:57:57 AM10/17/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
when I inspect an iframe that contains inline script tags, if the size of the script exceeds 10,000 characters, it is cropped with an ellipsis.

If the source of the iframe was blank at the time the page was loaded (and set later using code, say using innerhtml or document.write) then DevTools won't show its current code via Application > Frames > Top > (frame-name) > Content. That is all blank.

How can I see the FULL current source code in long blocks for dynamically written content in iframes?

PhistucK

Oct 17, 2016, 3:00:04 AM10/17/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
You can select that source (the content of <script>) and type in the console -
$0.data
(Or, if you select an actual element and not its text content, $0.textContent or $0.innerHTML)

PhistucK