learning the type of variable

Dimitris Papageorgiou

May 27, 2014, 6:46:34 AM5/27/14
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Is there any way dev tools can "tell" me the type(string,number etc...) of a variable in my scripts.
Whenever I want to check the content of a variable I just set a breakpoint and go to the scope variable pane.

Nonetheless,I do not get any info about the variable type-unless I miss something.

paultan...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2014, 2:28:45 PM6/7/14
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Why not just check it yourself with js? If your doing this a lot, create a helper function. I'm not an experienced chrome developer, so I can't give you an answer to your question, but seems like an easy enough problem to solve yourself.

Dimitris Papageorgiou

Jun 12, 2014, 1:17:59 PM6/12/14
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com, paultan...@gmail.com
Yes,you are right.