store as Global Variable

Jason Laster

Apr 5, 2015, 6:21:30 PM4/5/15
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Hey DevTools,

I took a stab at this issue (Right Clicking on an element should show "Store as Global Variable"), this weekend.

I think I got decently close (patch), but I got tripped up on the connection between tree elements, dom models, and remote objects. I assume I'm supposed to have a reference to a RemoteObjectImpl to be able to save a temporary reference, but I'm not sure how to pull it off.

Do you have any pointers?

--
Jason Laster
Software Engineer

Pavel Feldman

Apr 6, 2015, 5:24:53 AM4/6/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Please file it as a code review and we'll be able to suggest from there. But overall, you want a WebInspector.ContextMenu.Provider that would provide action applicable to the remote objects. It can live in the sources module for now, it is fine if it wakes it.

Regards
Pavel

Jason Laster

Apr 6, 2015, 9:50:04 AM4/6/15
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Pavel, I'll create the code review sans the `saveToGlobalVariable` extract.

Is there a good place to dig into extensions like ActionDelegate and ContextMenuProvider?  I did a quick search and could not find much on them ContextMenuProvider.h

Pavel Feldman

Apr 7, 2015, 11:13:03 AM4/7/15
On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 4:49 PM, Jason Laster <jason.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Pavel, I'll create the code review sans the `saveToGlobalVariable` extract.

Is there a good place to dig into extensions like ActionDelegate and ContextMenuProvider?  I did a quick search and could not find much on them ContextMenuProvider.h

Not really, no, you'll have to look at the code :(