Chrome not breaking on exceptions my code calls

da...@thielen.com

Jun 5, 2014, 11:58:24 AM6/5/14
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
I have the following code in my .js file:
   public set type(type:TYPE) {
        windward.trap();
        throw new Error('Do not set type!');
    }

The console output displays:
Uncaught Error: Do not set type!

I've checked break on exceptions:

But it doesn't break. And if I set a breakpoint there, it doesn't break. And if I have a "debugger;" there it doesn't break.

Why?

thanks - dave

da...@thielen.com

Jun 10, 2014, 10:24:39 AM6/10/14
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com, da...@thielen.com
Are there any support people on this forum? At present I'm using IE because Chrome won't break in the debugger and it's a lot more clunky than Chrome. Is there a way to get this answered or am I stuck with IE if I want breakpoints?

thanks - dave

Vsevolod Vlasov

Jun 10, 2014, 1:46:12 PM6/10/14
to Google Chrome Developer Tools

The code in your snippet doesn't look like JavaScript. What language is it in? This could be related to the way it is executed.

Vsevolod Vlasov

Jun 10, 2014, 1:48:16 PM6/10/14
to Google Chrome Developer Tools

Other than that this sounds like a possible bug though. Could you please file a new issue on crbug.com/new ? Please provide as much details about your application and scenario as possible as I can not reproduce this. Can you reproduce this on a  simpler test case?

On Jun 5, 2014 7:58 PM, <da...@thielen.com> wrote:

da...@windward.net

Jun 10, 2014, 4:12:12 PM6/10/14
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com, vse...@google.com
Hi;

The code is typescript. I generate the ts -> js map files and that part works fine.

I'm not sure what to enter as a bug report - that breakpoints used to work and now don't. And break on an exception used to work and also now doesn't. I don't have anything to add to that as it seems to be universal across all use. I assume if this is a common problem, pretty much every developer has already reported it.

Is there anything I can do to figure out what/why the specifics are in my case to report the issue?

thanks - dave

Vsevolod Vlasov

Jun 11, 2014, 1:35:15 AM6/11/14
to David Thielen, Google Chrome Developer Tools
Please do file a bug on crbug.com/new . This site will automatically gather some information about the browser version you use that could help us better understand the issue.
If someone from the team has any questions about you case specifics, they will ask you there.
--
Thank you,
Vsevolod Vlasov (vse...@google.com)