Chrome always popup suggestion list of stored password below input field even I set autocomplete="new-password"

Frankie Lu

Aug 4, 2017, 7:28:31 AM8/4/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Hi everyone,

I have an trouble when I implement web page for changing password.

If I had saved password on our site, I found that Input password field always popup the suggestion list of saved password

even I set input field name="password" and autocomplete="new-password".

It might bother users because they want to set new password but we suggested useless information.

Can someone help me to solve this condition? thank you :)

Best wishes,
Frankie

PhistucK

Aug 4, 2017, 7:32:10 AM8/4/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
This group discusses the Developer Tools feature of Google Chrome and not general web development issues.

You can post this question to chromium-discuss instead. Make sure you show actual code that fails (the entire <form> and not just the new password field), or most preferably, a URL that shows the issue.

PhistucK