my dev tools shows inline styles on every element, which don't exist!

rockscientist01

Aug 12, 2017, 7:32:13 AM8/12/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools

Hi,

i just found a strange thing i cant't get rid of: All elements are shown with inline-styles which do not exist in the source code.
Whats causing this? The additional inline styles are on pretty much all elements. I just dont't have a clue whats causing this.
They wont show in either firebug or the html source viewed in the browser (any browser), so i'm sure this is is chrome-related.
Any advice?

thanks
AO

PhistucK

Aug 12, 2017, 7:37:30 AM8/12/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
First, even if they are not in the source, nothing prevents a script from adding them.
Second, do you experience this in all of the web pages and all of the websites, or only on that W3Schools page?
Third, if you go incognito (Control + Shift + N, on Windows at least) and browse to the same place, do you still experience this?
Fourth (kind of related to the third point, but, still), did you try disabling any extension you installed? When you something strange, it is usually an intended or unintended deed of an extension.

PhistucK

rockscientist01

Aug 12, 2017, 12:23:05 PM8/12/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
@PhistucK
Thanks for your input. It was indeed an Extension (nosquint) which caused the erratic bahvior. Extension gone - problems gone :)
Greetz
AO