Console Filtering: should User messages only be persistent?

Zac Spitzer

Jun 14, 2017, 11:37:34 PM6/14/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
The new option for console filtering "User messages only" (i.e hide browser generated [violation] warnings)
isn't sticky and needs to be checked every single time dev tools is opened.

Could this be made a persistent option under settings?

Also, "User messages only" is rather obscure, who is the user? "Hide browser violations and warnings" would be better

Kayce Basques

Jun 19, 2017, 4:26:39 PM6/19/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
If you're going to the trouble of opening up Settings to change something, I think most times you want that thing to be persistent.

My opinion is that most things should be persistent, but the DevTools UI should warn you when you've configured something to a value other than the default. This is how it handles "Disable Cache" in the Network panel (it shows a warning icon next to the "Network" tab).

Somebody recently requested for "Enable Request Blocking" to persist, too

Deep Bass

Dec 21, 2017, 2:28:03 AM12/21/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools

Indeed. This is rather annoying to say the least.