black box script still being stepped into while debugging

steven winner

Aug 13, 2015, 3:26:30 PM8/13/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Trying to blackbox 3rd party js libraries like jQuery/Backbone/Marionette etc... and add line breaks and step through the code to debug.  I've blackboxed jQuery and other frameworks, but when the debugger starts with my line break, it still steps into jQuery, and it even shows the yellow message at the top saying this script is blackboxed, yet it just stepped into that code.  I should mention I'm making use of the javascript sourcemaps, so it's mapping back to the original source files, not individual scripts, but it shows all the sources just fine.  Any ideas why this may be happening?  I tried it with Chrome Canary and the same thing happens.

Version details:
44.0.2403.155 (64-bit)
OS X 10.10.4 (Yosemite)

TP

Sep 3, 2015, 8:58:35 AM9/3/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Same here, never works - no breakpoints in there, no source code open.  Works just fine in firefox, which I now have to use if I'm hitting alot of these blackboxed scripts :(

Yury Semikhatsky

Sep 11, 2015, 12:27:15 PM9/11/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Blackboxing doesn't work with source maps yet. This is a know issue, star https://crbug.com/341082 to raise its priority and follow the progress.