Dev tools timeline make sense

Johan Rabie

Sep 22, 2016, 4:38:18 AM9/22/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Attached is a screenshot where there is a long frame, but I can't account for why this frame is so long.
There is nothing happening for 90% of that frame so why is it so long?
profile.jpg

Alexei Filippov

Sep 22, 2016, 4:44:50 AM9/22/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools, Andrey Kosyakov
Looks like an idle frame, so it shouldn't be marked with a warning. Might be a bug.

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 1:22 AM, Johan Rabie <cape...@gmail.com> wrote:
Attached is a screenshot where there is a long frame, but I can't account for why this frame is so long.
There is nothing happening for 90% of that frame so why is it so long?

Andrey Kosyakov

Sep 22, 2016, 9:43:27 PM9/22/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
This is difficult to troubleshoot based on a screenshot -- it looks like we might have failed to identify an "idle" frame as such. There are known cases where this happens, e.g. if the page is running an animation that does not produce any effect -- so we keep trying to draw a frame only to find out that nothing changed and hence abandoning the frame. Does this reproduce well? Can you share a page? If so, please file a bug on crbug.com and provide some details.