event listener breakpoint for click event

Dimitris Papageorgiou

Jul 10, 2015, 1:22:36 PM7/10/15
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
I have set up an event listener breakpoint for a mouse click event...

The problem is that I do not quite get what I expected...

I expected that that call stack would lead in the handler I have write for the specific element....nonetheless I only get the jquery relevant code.

Why that?

PhistucK

Jul 11, 2015, 5:06:26 AM7/11/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
If you added the event listener using jQuery, this is expected.
In order to overcome this, you can blackbox jQuery and then the debugger will skip any jQuery code and break in your code (or any other code that you have not blackboxed).

PhistucK

Dimitris Papageorgiou

Jul 11, 2015, 7:43:52 AM7/11/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools