Cordova WebView/Chrome 53.0.2785.124 Soap Issues

Grant Millinship

Dec 19, 2016, 4:27:36 AM12/19/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I have developed a Cordova application which uses the XMLHTTPRequest object to send and receive SOAP requests/responses. Everything has been working correctly since the application was first developed and released. However, recently and on some devices, the application is sending the request, the server is receiving the request and then that's it, nothing more.

I did manage to get hold of one of the devices experiencing the fault and when I tested against a debug version of the applications APK everything was fine but if I tried the release version then it started failing again.

The application receives a ready state '4' and then immediately a status of '0'. This only seems to be affecting devices which are using Chrome 53.0.2785.124 mobile version.

Is there a way to upgrade the Chrome version on these devices? As the this issue doesn't seem to be affecting 55.0.2883.91.

PhistucK

Dec 19, 2016, 4:29:42 AM12/19/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
WebView should be debuggable in Chrome (when you plug in the device, enable USB debugging and so on). You might need to allow it somehow.

PhistucK

Grant Millinship

Dec 19, 2016, 4:52:52 AM12/19/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Thanks for the reply but I have run the debug and traced it through and it works fine. The webview is not debuggable in Chrome when the APK installed on the device is set for release, I have tried it.

This seems to be an issue of Chrome mobile, can this be upgraded?

PhistucK

Dec 19, 2016, 12:21:04 PM12/19/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Can you reproduce this in Chrome for Android (that is surely debuggable)?

PhistucK