Shouldn't Sensors have an "Off" for Touch as well?

RaphaelDDL

Dec 4, 2017, 8:34:20 PM12/4/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Hello there,

As title, shouldn't Sensors have an "Off" for Touch as well, just like Geolocation and Orientation?
I mean, sometimes we are using the Mobile Emulator for the solely purpose of checking the responsiveness of the website, not for touch events.

Would it be a nice addition, to have an "Off" which would make mouse back to the normal arrow.

Opinions?

Kayce Basques

Jan 2, 2018, 3:35:12 PM1/2/18
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
You can set it via this menu:

RaphaelDDL

Jan 3, 2018, 4:57:59 PM1/3/18
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Thanks for the reply Kayce.
How you make that option appear?

It doesn't show up in neither my Canary or Stable

P.S.: Offtopic but I just saw your console and just noticed that now there's this sidebar.
Takes more space than the old filter, but looks cool. Lot better than the select, though :D

Kayce Basques

Jan 3, 2018, 5:41:37 PM1/3/18
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Select Add Device Type from the menu:

I took that first screenshot in Canary. Maybe we're now exposing the Device Type menu by default.

Glad you think that the Sidebar is a step in the right direction. It's coming in Chrome 64: https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2017/11/devtools-release-notes#console-sidebar

RaphaelDDL

Jan 4, 2018, 6:38:02 PM1/4/18
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Yep, I checked on Canary (mine is 65). I should've just straight test every option in that select rather than bothering you lol.

That option made it appear, thank you.

Btw, after I saw your console, I checked on my Canary :)
I still think the old filter (the same as currently in Network) is still the most efficient: takes little space (one line), easy to pick single or multiple options.
The current takes less space, but needs a lot more clicks.
I'd say this sidebar is in the middle, takes more space (has a min-width) but is easier to look and understand. While can't multi-select, it makes up by grouping by file source, which might be helpful (while console still points to the correct sourcemap :D ).

Kayce Basques

Jan 8, 2018, 5:29:37 PM1/8/18
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Happy to help!