Dev Tools crash when opening big source files

Lin Lou

Mar 20, 2015, 12:03:18 AM3/20/15
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com

For example, when inspecting https://community.nodebb.org/, select Sources->nodebb.min.js, and soon the tool will disappear. What it's worse is that you can't run the tool anymore because once it is opened it will switch to the Sources tab and then crash.

Chrome Version 41.0.2272.89 (64-bit)

MacBook Pro OS X 10.10.2

Paul Irish

Mar 20, 2015, 1:41:54 AM3/20/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Yupp. I can reproduce this crashing in stable. Sorry about the bug. :/

This is fixed in Canary, and I bet even fixed in the Beta by now.

Jonathan Garbee

Mar 20, 2015, 5:24:54 AM3/20/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools

Lin Lou

Mar 21, 2015, 8:34:20 AM3/21/15
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. Though I find a way to reopen the Dev tool.
  1. open another site and Dev tool
  2. disable JavaScript and switch to the Sources tab
  3. navigate to https://community.nodebb.org, click some other source file
  4. enable JavaScript and refresh the page, close the big file tab.

Ashley Marques

Apr 20, 2016, 2:21:36 PM4/20/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I am also using Lin Lou's fix, but it's painfull....

Leandro Ruel

May 5, 2016, 8:49:38 AM5/5/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
this still happening... please guys fix it!! it's annoying...

PhistucK

May 5, 2016, 8:51:24 AM5/5/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
This has recently regressed, but was fixed since then, I think. What is your Chrome version? 50 should have the fix, I believe.

PhistucK

Arturo Tagle

May 9, 2016, 11:31:59 AM5/9/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I have just updated to 50 but it still happening. I have tried Lin Lou fix but it's not working.
Is there any way to clear the inspector cache (or similar) in order to reopen the tab without any js file opened in the inspector?

Em sexta-feira, 20 de março de 2015 01:03:18 UTC-3, Lin Lou escreveu:

For example, when inspecting https://community.nodebb.org/, select Sources->nodebb.min.js, and soon the tool will disappear. What it's worse is that you can't run the tool anymore because once it is opened it will switch to the Sources tab and then crash.

Chrome Version 41.0.2272.89 (64-bit)

MacBook Pro OS X 10.10.2

PhistucK

May 9, 2016, 11:36:26 AM5/9/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Oops, this thread is discussing a pretty old issue.
If you still experience the issue, you can search crbug.com for an existing open issue and star it. If you cannot find one, file a new issue using the "New issue" link on the same page.
Please, do not add a "+1" or "Me too" or "Confirmed" (or similar) comment. It just wastes the time of Chrome engineers and sends unnecessary e-mails to all of the people who starred the issue.

You can reply with a link to the found or created issue and might get triaged (and fixed) faster.

Thank you.

PhistucK

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 6:07 PM, Arturo Tagle <art...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Tyeth Gundry

Alexei Filippov

Sep 13, 2016, 4:33:23 PM9/13/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Check if you have a crash id recorded in chrome://crashes/