live edit and breakpoints problem

Dimitris Papageorgiou

Mar 11, 2015, 2:10:33 PM3/11/15
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
I have added a work-spaces folder so I can edit directly js scripts on the dev tools sources panel..

Once I make I edit I go to save the save the file from the context menu and here is the problem,,,,whatever breakpoints I had till that time are lost.
I do not know why this happens.

What is interesting to add is that,when I place breakpoint and start editing the file...in the breakpoints panel...besides the point where the line code is mentioned...I see a VM(take a look at this image ).

What might be causing this problem?

Paul Irish

Mar 11, 2015, 5:01:19 PM3/11/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Because you've edited the file devtools is now keeping track of two versions, the dirty version you edited, and the version that's running in Chrome.

The VM script is that latter one.

Dimitris Papageorgiou

Mar 11, 2015, 10:43:21 PM3/11/15
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
yes...but how I am going to fix the problem...about the breakpoints being lost on save.

Τη Τετάρτη, 11 Μαρτίου 2015 - 11:01:19 μ.μ. UTC+2, ο χρήστης Paul Irish έγραψε: