Debugging Web Workers in Chrome 59

Omar Ismail

Jun 8, 2017, 6:36:34 PM6/8/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Looks like something changed with Dev Tools and debugging web workers in Chrome 59. Previously I would see requests from web workers show up in the network tab, and I'd also see javascript files in the sources tab, and I'd be able to run a memory snapshot on a worker. Now, none of those things are appearing.

Is there a new setting that I'm missing?

We use web workers quite heavily so not being able to debug what's going on would be a Very Bad Thing.

Kayce Basques

Jun 19, 2017, 4:35:38 PM6/19/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Sounds like a bug.

Try out Chrome Canary and let us know if the problem is fixed there.

cyril....@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2018, 10:13:41 AM6/23/18
to Chrome DevTools
Hi,

Same result in Chrome Canary. Same result on latest Chrome and Chromium (Linux, Windows and Mac).

Opening devtools on devtools shows devtools error:

Cyril.