Building DevTools and integrate it to Chromium

Morag Hadad

Jun 12, 2018, 3:20:45 AM6/12/18
to Chrome DevTools
Hi Guys,

I am working on my own version of devtools-frontend (https://github.com/ChromeDevTools/devtools-fronten).

Now, i'm trying to integrate both so that my custom chromium's default DevTools will be the one that i customized, any idea how?
Another question, is there any way to integrate the DevTools with a regular chrome browser? meaning not a customized one?

Thanks,
Morag

PhistucK

Jun 12, 2018, 3:28:14 AM6/12/18
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
If you are customizing Chromium, just customize its Developer Tools feature, why bother separating them?
If you must separate them, you can add a build step that will either copy the files from the separate Developer Tools feature into the normal Developer Tools directory in Chromium, or change the path for the front end (I do not know where it is configured off hand).

In order to make Chrome use your customized Developer Tools feature, I believe you can use the --custom-devtools-frontend="path/to/developer/tools/front/end" flag.

PhistucK