Net panel resource timings

Lusine Grigoryan

Aug 12, 2016, 5:17:29 PM8/12/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Hi!
I need to get resource timings using js as they are shown in chrome net panel. I am trying to get it from window.performance object as it is said in your guide https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/profile/network-performance/understanding-resource-timing but I'm having difficulties. For some resources most of the params in object are 0 but in net there are values. Is there a way to get all values that are shown in net panel?
For more information please see attachment. I've used https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/profile/network-performance/understanding-resource-timing
link as example.
timing.png

PhistucK

Aug 12, 2016, 7:16:47 PM8/12/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I think cross origin resources must explicitly agree to expose resource timings, using CORS or other means (I forget).

PhistucK

Lusine Grigoryan

Aug 15, 2016, 3:10:38 AM8/15/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools

I don't think this is because of cross origin request because there are two resources from same domain, one has timings but the other does not. Both have timings in net panel. Please see example on amazon.com.

PhistucK

Aug 15, 2016, 4:00:53 AM8/15/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Do both of them have CORS headers (I think CORS headers are needed for that)?

PhistucK

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 10:10 AM, Lusine Grigoryan <lusine.g...@monitis.com> wrote:

I don't think this is because of cross origin request because there are two resources from same domain, one has timings but the other does not. Both have timings in net panel. Please see example on amazon.com.

Lusine Grigoryan

Aug 15, 2016, 6:51:00 AM8/15/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
You were right. Cors headers were absent  in some requests. And that caused the problem.
Thanks, you helped me a lot.

Kayce Basques

Aug 15, 2016, 2:13:08 PM8/15/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Thanks for posting your question here. I've made a reminder to myself to check out this doc and mention CORS gotchas