Local Overrides warning and confusion

ja...@jasonallshorn.com

Apr 10, 2018, 5:03:00 AM4/10/18
to Chrome DevTools
Local Overides is a totally cool and amazing idea. But.... It can lead to some weird situations.

User case.
I learned of local overides in the lastest Chrome update - I go and play with it, and forget that I turned it on. Then a few days later I start developing on my own website, and make a few changes inside of chrome CSS.
Forgetting that I have local overides turned on I get frustrated wondering why certain CSS changes made in my dev code don't reflect in the my website. In short when turning on local overides there is no indication that it will remain on for all websites until it is turned off.

Solution.
1) A purple dot does show up indicating local overides is on. But it is not easy get to local overides from seeing the purple dot. Perhaps a link on the purple dot would help.

2) Make it so that local overides has two choices. 1 - for all webpages from now on or 2 - for the current page only.

Kayce Basques

Apr 13, 2018, 1:45:52 PM4/13/18
to Chrome DevTools
Yes, fair points. I'm forwarding the feedback to the team.