Stop switching sourcefiles, when i edit css styles in sidebar

Treen

Jun 10, 2016, 6:51:34 AM6/10/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Hi,
normaly, when i inspect some elemnt with dev tools, it shows this elements css styles in the sidebar. I'm using sass, so next to those styles is a refference to a scss file and line number.
But, when i edit those styles in the sidebar, the sourcefile switches to the compiled output .css file. I'd like it to keep the scss file instead. I'm not editing my code live using dev tools, i'm just using it for debugging and inspecting.

Below are screens.
When i load page, before i do anything (notice the file and line number refference). This is how i'd like it to be all the time:

After i edit some styles in the sidebar (again, notice the file and line number refference)

Is there any way, to get rid of this "source file switching" thingy?

Treen

Jun 17, 2016, 9:36:01 AM6/17/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Anyone?

Treen

Jun 28, 2016, 5:47:59 AM6/28/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Bump

Paul Irish

Jun 30, 2016, 3:44:32 PM6/30/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Hi Treen,

This bug was fixed a few months back. It hasn't made it to stable yet, but is likely in Chrome Beta.

You can use Canary, Beta, Dev in the meantime until the next stable version of chrome ships. (about a month away)

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 2:47 AM, Treen <l.bob...@gmail.com> wrote:
Bump

Paul Irish

Jun 30, 2016, 3:59:08 PM6/30/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
My mistake,

We reintroduced the bug unfortunately. It's broken in Canary as well.

I've added a workaround that should help you in the meantime while we fix this.

Message has been deleted

Treen

Jul 8, 2016, 5:08:54 AM7/8/16

Dne čtvrtek 30. června 2016 21:59:08 UTC+2 Paul Irish napsal(a):
My mistake,

We reintroduced the bug unfortunately. It's broken in Canary as well.

I've added a workaround that should help you in the meantime while we fix this.

That worked.. Thank you very much :)