Developer Tools keeps shifting focus to next Request when inspecting EventStream

Paul Gaske

Mar 30, 2016, 2:03:09 AM3/30/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I'm using Chrome Developer Tools to debug a SignalR application; I'm viewing the messages being sent to/from the server on the SignalR persistent connection, by looking at the 'EventStream' tab on the individual request.

(F12 -> Network -> {Click on the SignalR Request} -> EventStream)

This used to work perfectly; but after update (I'm now on 49.0.2623.87 m), when I'm viewing the EventStream I notice that when the server sends a message to the client, the focus shifts to the following request in the list of requests (not the most recent event in the EventStream; the UI looks like I have physically clicked on a completely separate request, which is the next item in the Request list).

Is there any way to fix this?

Gordo Lowrey

Apr 20, 2016, 2:18:45 AM4/20/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I too am having the same issue, it started happening with a recent upgrade. For me it's WebSocket connections, but same concept...

PhistucK

Apr 20, 2016, 2:20:10 AM4/20/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
If you can still reproduce it with Chrome 50 (recently released), you can search crbug.com for an existing issue and star it. If you cannot find one, file a new issue using the "New issue" link on the same page.
Please, do not add a "+1" or "Me too" or "Confirmed" (or similar) comment. It just wastes the time of Chrome engineers and sends unnecessary e-mails to all of the people who starred the issue.

You can reply with a link to the found or created issue and might get triaged (and fixed) faster.

Thank you.

PhistucK

Gordo Lowrey

Gordo Lowrey

PhistucK

Apr 20, 2016, 2:57:01 AM4/20/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I like conspiracies, however, it is released. From chrome://help on my stable channel Chrome -
Version 50.0.2661.75 m

Google Chrome is up to date.

Note that updates may take about two weeks to apply automatically (assuming you restart your browser, of course).
Going to the Chrome menu > Help > About Google Chrome (same as chrome://help) speeds things up.

PhistucK

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 9:48 AM, Gordo Lowrey <linu...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Gordo Lowrey

Apr 20, 2016, 3:03:56 AM4/20/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Okay, so the latest download is not chrome 50. But if you install the latest (which is 49.x) and then update it manually, it grabs 50.

Unfortunately, this problem still persists. I'll be re-opening the issue...

On Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 11:57:01 PM UTC-7, PhistucK wrote:
[...]

Gordo Lowrey

Apr 20, 2016, 3:24:33 AM4/20/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Okay, after doing some digging, this fix isn't in a stable release yet... The branch base position of the fix is 384064. If you go here: https://omahaproxy.appspot.com/ you can see the current base positions for various releases. This fix is only in dev and canary thus far. Not even beta...

PhistucK

Apr 20, 2016, 3:27:21 AM4/20/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
It will reach the beta channel within a few days (first beta releases are usually a few days away from first stable releases).

PhistucK

PhistucK

PhistucK

Gordo Lowrey

Apr 20, 2016, 3:30:12 AM4/20/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Just tested on dev channel and it's working as expected!

PhistucK

PhistucK

PhistucK