Can't scroll in DevTools [Mac]

Lucas Salvatore

Sep 29, 2016, 12:28:18 PM9/29/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
VIDEO OF BEHAVIOR:
http://www.giphy.com/gifs/26ybx4HzqT3pNPgd2

What happens: The scrollbar remains locked at the top. When I scroll, it simply pops to the top. See gif for a video of this behavior. I can't scroll all the way down, I can never see the last output, instead all I can see is the first few items. I can't believe this hasn't been fixed.

I am on OS Mavericks- if upgrading to El Capitan will fix this, please let me know.

Thank you.

PhistucK

Sep 29, 2016, 12:33:44 PM9/29/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Too bad you waited for months. :(

Are you using the latest Chrome version (53)? If not, try updating it.

If you are and it is still reproducing, you can search crbug.com for an existing issue and star it. If you cannot find one, file a new issue using the "New issue" link on the same page.
Please, do not add a "+1" or "Me too" or "Confirmed" (or similar) comment. It just wastes the time of Chrome engineers and sends unnecessary e-mails to all of the people who starred the issue.

You can reply with a link to the found or created issue and might get triaged (and fixed) faster.

Thank you.

PhistucK

Erik Luo

Sep 29, 2016, 4:15:42 PM9/29/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Lucas@, we've seen a similar issue when the "scroll-anchoring" flag is on in Chrome.  crbug.com/516760crbug.com/624534

Can you try these steps to verify if it's the same root cause?
- Go to "chrome://flags"
- Find the "Scroll Anchoring" option and set it to Default

If it's the same cause as those other bugs, setting it to Default should restore proper scrolling behavior.  The fix itself is in Dev and Canary, which should get to stable soon.

Lucas Salvatore

Oct 1, 2016, 9:55:00 AM10/1/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
+Erik that fixed the bug! Thank you so much.